Since moving here to Cedar City both of us were able to find jobs that work well with our school schedules, and for me I actually get to do something I enjoy. We have also had many blessings come in the form of financial aid. Besides the normal Pell grants and department scholarships I had a great opportunity to compete in school architecture competition. the Dixie Leavitt School of Business offered students who were studying architecture to design a brand new building to add to the growing school, and the winner would receive a full-tuition scholarship ($3500). Somehow or another I was able to come out as overall winner.
Another blessing that came was that Angela was able to work her GPA above a 3.5 and was offered a $1500 scholarship for this upcoming school year. Then on top of that the school finally said that I qualified for a SMART (Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent, though I am not sure about the talent part)which offers $2000 a semester. and even though it was in the spring semester they also awarded me the fall semesters amount. So this past year through help from Saccomanno, Pell Grants, Department Scholarships, Business building award, and the SUU we have been able to have the blessing to pay for our schooling, and put money into our savings account for our new son (which is coming the first week in July). It has also allowed us to make trips to Price and see our families more frequently. I must admit that even though Angela tries to keep me in line I did you some of the money to satisfy my wants, and to help with my schooling (but more wants than schooling). After winning the competition I asked Angela if I could have a 2nd monitor
In other news that has happened since that last time we posted we were able to travel up with Angela's family to have pictures taken, but we laugh because it will be out of date with new family members arriving during the summer. Well that is pretty much the happenings of our family, maybe if we learn to post more often they wouldn't be so long. But all is well, Angela starts seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now and he says that everything is going well with the baby. Until Next time.

Yep, you're spoiled. I have 2 monitors at work and love it but Les won't let me have 2 at home for some reason ("but I need to look up game strategies while I raid").
ReplyDeleteThat is SO nice that everything has worked out so good for you two. Anything helps! We hope the rest of the semester goes well for you and everything goes well with the remainder of the pregnancy. How much longer will you two be in Cedar?
ReplyDeleteAt least another year and a half
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going so well for you guys!! I am so excited for your new baby!
ReplyDeleteLet us know how things go!
Wow! You are spoiled! Sounds like you are working hard for it though... I say you deserve to be spoiled every now and then. We're glad the pregnancy is going well. How exciting!
ReplyDelete