Thursday, March 19, 2009

life contiunes on!




Well it is my turn to write the blog because Joseph keeps bugging me about it. This whole blog idea was his, it was a good idea, but don’t let him think that he is right otherwise he will run wild buying movies. LOL


One aspect of life that Joseph doesn’t get to experience is the pregnancy part. I have been terribly lucky that I haven’t been sick, except for the two times I got the flu. Physically I am just fine except for my back aching from sitting wrong or something to that effect. Right now I am going through the denial phase of the “belly effect.” What that basically means is that I don’t believe I have a big belly and, to be totally honest, I can’t really see myself getting a “pregnancy belly” (I suppose I am really naïve). Joseph has been joking for the last few months that I am getting a belly but I keep telling him “no, I’m skinny.” These last couple of weeks really put me in an “I’m fat” mode as I am forced to wear maternity clothes. (Which btw are really weird, I never knew that I would live without a zipper on my pants for a while). But even trying on maternity clothes in the store was weird because inside the dressing room they have a padded “pretend belly” for you to put on to see what clothes would look like when you have a humongous belly.


Well anyway, pregnancy has been pretty good to me; I think someone is looking out for me as I am finishing this semester. As for school this semester, it is really kicking my trash. I regrettably have 18 credit hours. Joseph told me that I shouldn’t but I persisted. Hopefully I will feel happier about it once school is over and I only have 5 more classes to take before I graduate. That is one thing many people ask me about once I tell them that I’m pregnant. So I will announce it to the world….SO HELP ME, I WILL FINISH MY BACHELOR’S DEGREE. I hope I don’t go back on that statement. I do have plans to take one class in that fall of 09. It is a persuasion class, so hopefully I will learn to persuade Joseph to change the diapers all the time. No, but really, I am excited for this class because it is the first time the unorganized “retarded” teacher isn’t teaching the class. Anyway, getting off my soap box, I hope that Joseph will be able to transition to a “daddy” well, even through the minimal amount of sleep he will get (he is much better at it than I am). I keep being told that my ears will evolve into “mom” ears once the baby is born, but I still worry about my little guy because I am “dead to the world” when I go to sleep.


Well I am sure you are really sick of me jabbing on like this so I will let that be that. If any post-moms out there that have any suggestions as to strollers and/or car seats, or even swings, please let me know. Reviews online are not necessarily helpful, especially as I see 100 reviews on one product and half are positive and half are negative – I keep running in circles! Oh and don’t comment that I did a good job because that will reinforce Joseph to have me write all the time. And he is better at it anyway, as long as I proof read it first.

5 comments:

  1. You're belly is cute! It sounds like you guys are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute tummy! no worries you'll be a cute mommy :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. angela, you are so cute being pregnant! i'm so excited for you guys! and lucky for you, i am sure you won't ever be very big. you're too tall and slim, you'll hold the baby in more. so just enjoy it! :) anyways, hated your post. you did a terrible job so tell joe he'll have to do all the posts for now on. :) jk Good luck with the remaining semester. And I really did enjoy hearing about all the clothes stuff etc. I never realized they do the whole pillow thing. How funny. hmmm pregnancy. . . . PS I'm so glad you haven't gotten sick, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did do a good job... Sorry if that makes you have to write more...lol. Glad things are going so well for you! You are really cute preggers!

    I don't know if you heard or not yet, but we are having a little girl!

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, your post was EXCELLENT!! You should definitely post more often.
    I say this to support Joe :) I also do most of the posting on our blog, and I have to reward Debbie every time she posts because she never wants to lol.

    ReplyDelete