Well with only one month left before we are welcoming a new addition to our family we decided to crack down and start getting ready. Over the last few days it seems that baby Palmer is draining our checking account and he isn't even born yet. We never really realized how much we had to get done to feeling even remotely prepared to have a child. For the last little while we have been working on finishing a crib that was given to us and Angela has also spent her time making a baby blanket for him. The quilt was quite a task. It didn’t take her a long time to do but finding a pattern was impossible so she had to take a drawing she found online and free-hand draw it onto the blanket. She wouldn’t call herself an artist so when it came out as well as it did she was pretty excited and proud. We also made a recent trip down to St. George to purchase a new car seat, crib mattress, and a dresser (the item Angela was most excited for because she was sick of having so many baby clothes lying around the house).
Making sure that we have enough space for baby and all of his stuff has also been on the top of our list, so we spent one whole Saturday going through old stuff and trying to get rid of them. Angela keeps making fun of me because we work so hard to empty all the junk out of our house just to fill it back up again with lots of baby things in the coming weeks. The one good thing about all this is that it keeps increasing our excitement to the point that we are tired of waiting and wishing we could have him now (of course Angela has probably been wishing that for a while seeing as she is the one carrying him).
Otherwise things have been pretty normal around the house. Both Joseph and I are working full time at SUU campus (which we are so grateful that we still have our jobs!) but I can’t wait until June 19th, which is my (Angela’s) last day at work. I enjoy work but either because of the pregnancy or something I have been so tired lately. I worry constantly that I won’t be able to hear the baby cry when I am asleep. Thank goodness Joseph is a light sleeper (I am dead to the world) otherwise I would seriously worry that the poor little thing will not be taken care of.
The countdown continues and July 5th is coming slowly in some ways but quickly in others. We hope that we will be prepared for a new person in our family if not… well we really can’t go back on it now. We really are excited for the little guy to come out and hope that he will be healthy.
The quilt looks GREAT. I hope the next month goes by fast for your little family. We can't wait to see pictures of the newest Palmer. =D
ReplyDeleteI had your same worry... I am a VERY heavy sleeper! When I was younger my brother used to squirt a squirt gun up my nose to wake me up because nothing else he did worked... But when Ethan was born and we brought him home I could hear every little move he made at night. I'm sure you'll find the same thing. It seems when a baby is born you grow "Mommy ears."
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting everything ready! That's so fun and exciting!
You did so great on the quilt! Good luck with everything! I am so happy for you both!
ReplyDelete