Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lots a Blog




We just wanted to update a few fun things that have happened in the last couple of weeks.

Grant has come to a point where he doesn't necessarily need to be rocked to sleep. I have caught him asleep in his high chair when I have been baking and when he's on the floor playing with his trains. It has been so weird because he was the newborn that refused to sleep and when he did it was only for 30 minute increments. We have come a long way. It has been one the tender mercies given to Joseph and I.



When we went up to Price a couple weeks ago we had Grant in the high chair feeding him. If you'll notice in the pix and on the video he stuffs so much in his mouth that he puckers his little lips, with his cheeks full of food, and chews/gums his food. At nearly a year old he has 8 teeth. 4 on top and 4 on bottom. With all of the horror stories about the 1 year molars we are not looking forward to more teething.



The weekend after the Price trip we wanted to do something more than sit at home watching old movies and making cookies (which is fun once in a while but it lacks in entertainment). We decided to go hike up some of the trails in Snow Canyon. It is close to the Tuacan if you know where that's at. We bought this hiking backpack a couple months back and it helped us on the trail. Grant thought it was really cool until he got really hungry, in which case he made us stop every minute to give him some water and a treat. After we had lunch we had much better luck on our second hike. We hiked around, up to the top of a cinder cone. This hike was much better for Grant because he fell asleep through the whole thing but it wore out mommy and daddy. We teased that we would come home 50 lbs lighter and Grant would come home 50 lbs heavier. whatever lol. We also took some fun family shots and let Grant down to see what he thought of the sand ("pretty cool").















My life is now in the fast lane. I am trying to finish up school at the same time as Joseph so we may be able to move earlier. With that goal in mind I am taking a whopping 4 classes this summer semester. 1 class (was suppose to be in-class but due to low class enrollment it was changed to online) is a 5 week course while the other three online classes are 10 week courses. I hardly have time to study. I merely study when Grant is sleeping, Joseph's lunch time, and at night. With so much to read and to do I hardly have time to keep my house clean and keep up on my regular responsibilities. Thank goodness I have husband that helps me clean up the house and does the dishes every night :).

That's the last 3 weeks of our life in a nut shell.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I just can't believe how cute Grant is! :) It looked like you guys had fun on that hike. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll stop being lazy and go on one of those myself ;) Anyway, good luck with school!

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute kid! Angela! You look amazing! How do you do it? You don't look tired or look like you have been hiking at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think he's cute! Holly we had a great time on the hike and you should go sometime it's cheap (except for gas). Jessie, I've noticed how well you have looked too. I love your hair! I wish I wasn't so afraid to try new things.

    ReplyDelete