This was our little Grant's first of two birthday parties to celebrate his second birthday. He had lots of fun playing with some of his cousins. Two of his cousins were born in the same week so we celebrated them all together. My mom was originally planning on getting him a little wagon for his birthday and sending it to Tucson but I thought that some play dough would be a better idea for him to have an activity to do by himself but I was dead wrong. When his two other cousins opened up their wagons all Grant wanted to do was play with their wagons. He would run around saying "wa-done," "wa-done." He didn't want to even look at the play dough :-( So with this I talked to my mom and decided that I still wanted the play dough (and clothes) so I would buy the presents from her and have her send a wagon to Tucson when I get down there.
This is a picture of Grandma's wagon. Grant enjoyed the rides in it but wanted to pull his cousins' wagons.
With his cousin, Kameron.
A picture taken while we sang happy birthday to him. I forgot to record the singing but I got a recording of him blowing out the candles on the cake (he was the only one really attempting).
About half way through his cake he pushed his cake aside, said "away," and then asked for "ranch"- meaning ranch dressing. I shook my head and said okay and gave him some ranch dressing with a carrot (he uses the carrot as a utensil to eat the ranch dressing). What a silly child of mine.
For those who care and are still reading this post, I am still pregnant. Yes, I am feeling alright except for the little rest I get at night and the fear that I will have the baby before Joseph is in Utah. I am planning on being induced next week (I will show you pre-baby pix of my belly soon), although I apparently still do not look like I am to have a baby any day now.
Joseph is coming in late Wednesday night so Grant will have a wonderful surprise on his birthday. I hope to enjoy one day as our three person family before the baby is born. I know life will be turned upside down once the baby is born so some normalcy would be great. We are also planning on blessing the baby here in Price either at home or in the hospital so that way more family can be there otherwise we would bless him in Tucson.
Joseph is doing well in school, although he is ready for his first project to be over because it is too abstract for him. If I were to explain it on here you would be confused as to how to do the project as it did me. I am still so confused I don't know how to explain it so I will not attempt to do so. He is ready for his next project this summer semester. Thank goodness the summer semester end the beginning of August so we have a few weeks to re-coupe before we start the long fall semester. We predict life will be hard especially this first year but we can get through it even if we have to take it one day at a time.
I love that my kids are not the only crazy ones. Franklin and Madison both would rather sit and eat a salad with ranch then anything else. I hope all goes well with your baby and delivery.
ReplyDeleteYay! Happy Birthday Grant!
ReplyDelete