Our little boy is growing so fast and learning so much especially now when he is able to talk to us and repeat what we say (mommy sadly got him to continuously say "oh, darn it" over and over). Here is a video of him singing some of the words to the "teeter-totter song" and saying his ABC's. He usually doesn't leave out K, L, and X. I was just trying to get him through it quickly. But yes he usually doesn't say Z unless mommy and daddy are persistent with him to say it. He also knows his numbers 1-10. I will catch him daily saying parts of the alphabet or his numbers. He especially loves the numbers 7 and 11. He is my cuttie little boy!
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Finally a Sunny Day
Here in Price it has been extremely windy or cold over the last several months so when I found that today was finally sunny and warm we had to get outside. We played on the teeter-totter and then in the sprinklers. He really had a fun time.
He loves it when I get on the other side and teeter-totter with him. We usually sing and go over his alphabet, numbers, shapes, etc (as you will see in the video below).
He continued to say "cold" as he walked through the sprinklers. It was really a nice morning but the water was cold. He thought it was fun to turn the sprinkler on and off.
This little boy is looking more and more like his daddy everyday, I think, although he still has my lips/smile. I recently trained him to go to bed on a twin-size mattress rather than in his crib. For now I am doing what my sister-in-law suggested and putting the mattress on the floor in case he decides to roll off the bed. Even though he has toys in his room I have been pleasantly surprised at how well he has adjusted to the change. The first night of him on the mattress he woke up at 5 5am and came into my room whimpering, perhaps because he did not know where he was or because he fell off. So he came into my room whimpering and so I let him into my bed (which is unusual) and let him sleep there the rest of the morning. I have even taken it to the next level by having him climb into the bed on his own (with his doggy) and then I tuck him in. I think that our ritual of reading to him for 10-15 min before he goes to bed has helped immensely so he knows that it's time for bed.
I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and hardly showing on pregnancy standards. I believe that it is because I have a long torso. I get a lot of shocked looks and exclamations when I say that I am due in less than four weeks. In regards to the delivery, we have plans with the doctor for me to be induced the 4th of July weekend. We have also purchased the airline tickets and plan to have daddy here during the 4th of July weekend. (thus we want Joseph to be there when the baby's born). We will see how the baby cooperates with our plans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember putting Gavin in the twin bed for the first time. Every once in a while we'd hear a 'thud' in the middle of the night. Crazy thing is he'd sleep through it and just sleep on the floor.
ReplyDelete