As you may suspect, life has been hectic for all of us. Joseph's semester seems to be busier than last semester and because he is busier I become busier as well. It seems that for nearly a month and a half I have been making Joseph's lunch and dinner in a cooler/pack so he can stay at school all day. We had planned to see each other more often but several things got in the way. besides school being busy our bicycle got stolen... again! Let me explain. For a Christmas present this year we though that we would get Joseph a used bike to replace the original one that was stolen so we could possibly save money in the long haul of commuting to and from school. Two days after school started Joseph had it locked up with the U-Lock and someone came by and took his back tire. It took me/Joseph a month to get that fixed due to several unfortunate events. After that got fixed and Joseph was riding again (also hoping to lose some of his "holiday weight" a week went by and then the entire bike was stolen. So get this, he had the U-lock on it as well as a tubed lock. So it was locked up twice and still stolen. Times like this we say "we hate Tucson!" So after all of this we had to get something for Joseph to go to and from school because after a month of me commuting him, it got really old. He works long hours (sometime 6am-12pm) and mixing it with kids does not work even if he comes home and takes the car... Anyway that is my complaining for this blog
Everything else is fun. Lil G is doing really well potty-training. I would dare say that he is potty trained but I am to the point that I don't really worry about taking him out of the house without wetting his pants. He doesn't know how to be dry throughout the night (I think it's because as soon as he wakes up he pees) but I am fine with that for now. I am trying to pick my battles with him. I think that he feels the stress of school too and is becoming a bit rebellious and in want of his father. He could also be a two-year old going on three (which I hear is not any better than a two year old).
Baby B is a very happy little boy. He is into everything. Thank goodness Joseph put the child locks on in the kitchen before the semester. I would have had a big handful. He still is very interested in looking at things rather than actually eating them. Usually a baby's first reaction to an object is to shove it in their mouth but Baby B doesn't really do that. He will stare at it for minutes before even thinking about putting it in his mouth. I am still trying to convince him that the little baby food "puffs" are good to go in his mouth. He prefers to pick them up and stare at them... lol. So he officially started crawling about a month ago and I have added a video of him crawling/laughing with Lil G. If you have time to view it, it is pretty cute!
I am doing well. I am trying to keep myself sane. Almost the entire month of February we have been sick. First Lil G and I got sick, then Baby B, then Lil G, and then Baby B and Joseph. It has been a long month. I am still trying to think of ways to earn money while taking care of kids. I put a listing in the ward email that I can teach piano lessons for way cheap ($50 per month) according to the people I spoke to in Tucson, but to no avail. Then I decided to sale some hair bows made of ribbon and/or flowers. I still have to finish them and see if they will sale. I think at this point I'll be happy if I simply come out even. I think that I need to just find a hobby and stick with it, such as playing the piano or sewing.
So this is my really long blog because it has been forever. Enjoy the pix and video
And FYI, the Terry's (Tea and Mie) won our contest. You got the pictures right on the nose. I really thought the first two pictures would totally confuse anyone! When our parents come down to see us this next little bit we will send your favorite candy bar with them to give to your parents. I'm not promising that they will save it for you... lol. Let me know what is your fav.
Haha don't even worry about it. I can't believe that I got all off them right. I am glad things are going well for you guys. Sorry about Joe's bike. Potty training is so stressful, we are at the same point with Lydia. I am glad that Lil G is doing well.
ReplyDelete